Friday

Fucking you in my sleep, by B.W.

We thought we were in a cave

at least, our arms and backs made caves,

dark beyond the limits of our limbs,

our eyes closed halfway

like garage doors.

We thought we were at the zoo

and when the zookeeper (that was me)

came for feeding,

I licked you like

I was the captured one.

We thought we were in a covered

wagon on the Oregon trail

—you left your gun outside on the grass.

We thought we were at a 14-year-old’s

soccer game and when the lead scorer

(that was you) got picked up

by his mother, they fucked

in the car before she drove him home

(guess who the mother was).

We thought you were the baseball player

with the tight pants and cup.

We thought I was the lawyer

that flirted with everybody.

We thought we were in a Western.

You were the cowboy with the big

hat and swollen lips.

I was the Indian guide.

I made us sleep out in the open

near the cliffs, so I could

slither my hands over you

and you would think it was the wind

or the desert snake I

kept in my hair.


-- B.W.

No comments: